Sustainability is becoming an increasingly important topic for construction industry. It is a multi-dimensional topic involving social, economic, and environmental aspects. Sustainable construction generally refers to the application of the principles of sustainable development in the construction industry.
The most significant challenge to delivering a financially successful green project is communication and coordination across a multi-disciplinary project management team.
The goal of sustainable construction is to create and operate a healthy built environment based on resource efficiency and ecological design with an emphasis on 7 core principles across the building’s life cycle: reducing resource consumption, reusing resources, using recyclable resources, protecting nature, eliminating toxics, applying life-cycle costing, and focusing on quality. (Kibert (2005), quoting the Conseil International du Batiment (CIB), Sustainable Construction: Green Building Delivery & Design)
Green building projects are inherently different from their conventional counterparts. They require the use of special materials and building practices to achieve sustainability. They can also require extensive documentation and reporting if environmental certification is a project goal.
The unique characteristics of green construction require adjustments to traditional management practices to minimize risks and improve the chances of delivering the project within acceptable costs. Most of these adjustments reflect an increased need for cross-discipline coordination on site selection, construction techniques and building systems and subsystems early in project life cycle.
What BRISK GROUP can do for you:
In the buildings of the present and future, our preoccupation for a sustainable development is very important.
We contribute to the achievement of sustainable projects, concerned both with the quality of the materials used and with the whole behaviour from around the high ecosystem.
- We take into consideration the project’s impact on the environment
- We work with you to certify your project LEED, BREEAM or GREEN HOMES
- We develop sustainable projects that aim to reduce carbon footprint
- We set up a whole ecosystem built to encourage a sustainable behaviour – from materials used to the way in which high space is used
- We build green buildings, concerned about the welfare of those who will use them and the relationship that they will develop with the living space or with the space in which they carry out their activity
- We align with the new regulations, tendencies and norms related to the standards that built properties have to follow, especially regarding the office buildings.